Huawei, LG Electronics, and Motorola Mobility Added to WiLAN Wearables Campaign
Wi-LAN Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary Smart Wearable Technologies Inc. (SWTI) has added another round of companies to the litigation campaign that it began last July. The new defendants are Huawei (3:17-cv-00020), Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) (3:17-cv-00022), and LG Electronics (3:17-cv-00021), each accused of infringing the sole patent-in-suit (6,997,882). The ‘882 patent generally relates to monitoring a subject based on physiological and six degree-of-freedom (“6-DOF”) data, and the accused products are Android Wear-based smartwatches offering fitness and sleep tracking.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics