WiLAN Kicks Off Ink and Printer Campaign with Recently Acquired, Former Kodak Patents
- March 19, 2017
Wi-LAN Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary Commercial Copy Innovations Inc. (CCI) has now asserted four (6,197,466; 6,453,127; 6,773,102; 6,848,777) of the dozen former Eastman Kodak patents that it received in assignments executed in November and December 2016. The patents generally relate to various printing techniques, including methods and materials used for printing on challenging surfaces, termed “non-absorbing substrates” (the ‘102 and ‘777 patents); the use of toners treated with metal oxides (the ‘466 patent); and remote printing (the ‘127 patent). CCI has accused Ricoh and Mimaki (8:17-cv-00437) of infringement, in a single complaint, through the manufacture and sale of various printer and ink products.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics