IV Starts Automotive Campaign
- March 26, 2017
Intellectual Ventures II LLC (IV II) has initiated a new automotive campaign, filing seven new lawsuits asserting up to five patents (7,067,944; 7,067,952; 7,154,200; 7,683,509; 7,928,348) generally related to various aspects of electric motors. The NPE has accused both Honda (1:17-cv-00294) and Toyota (1:17-cv-00300) of infringing all five patents through various components of their automobiles (e.g. water pumps, steering units), and it has accused BMW (1:17-cv-00296) of infringing the ‘944 and ‘200 patents through the manufacture of its turbo actuator. Aisin Seiko (1:17-cv-00295) is accused of infringement through the manufacture and sale of certain water pumps for either Honda or Toyota, and DENSO (1:17-cv-00297), Mitsuba (1:17-cv-00298), and Nidec (1:17-cv-00299) are each accused of infringing the ‘952 patent, DENSO for power steering units supplied to Toyota, Nidec for steering gear made for Honda, and Mitsuba for power steering units for Honda.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics