SportBrain Keeps Filing New Suits as PTAB Institutes Trial
- March 29, 2017
In March 2017, SportBrain Holdings LLC added three more cases to its ever-expanding litigation campaign, suing Huami (1:17-cv-02250), Delfin (Oakley) (1:17-cv-02336), and Walgreen (1:17-cv-02337). The new filings follow a February 10 decision by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) to institute trial in an inter partes review (IPR) of the sole patent-at-issue (7,454,002), which generally relates to portable computing devices that wirelessly receive and integrate personal data. In recent, existing cases in the campaign, the NPE sought and received an extension of service and conference deadlines in order to consider “the possibility of staying th[e] matter” in light of that institution decision. The accused products in the campaign have been wearable computing devices, including fitness trackers, smartwatches, and their associated apps.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics