MyMail Revival of Decade Old Campaign Sweeps in Six More Defendants
- April 7, 2017
MyMail, Ltd. has added cases to its long-running litigation campaign, begun in 2004, asserting against new defendants both the two toolbar customization patent (8,275,863; 9,021,070) and the network connectivity patents (8,732,318) already at issue. MyMail accuses Disney (ESPN) (2:17-cv-00200) of infringing the ‘863 and ‘070 patents through provision of its ESPN Toolbar plug-in and Acer (2:17-cv-00253), Konica Minolta (2:17-cv-00254), Nikon (2:17-cv-00255), Pantech (2:17-cv-00256), and TCL (2:17-cv-00257) of infringing the ‘318 patent through the manufacture and sale of various mobile devices, including smartphones and Wi-Fi-enabled cameras. The three patents now in suit belong to the same eight-member family, which includes a fourth patent (6,571,290) that was asserted years ago to kick off this campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics