Equitable IP Subsidiaries Add Cases in Online Radio, Online Trading, and Digital Antenna Campaigns
- April 3, 2017
The sole litigation campaign of Post Media Systems LLC, a subsidiary of Equitable IP Corporation, is developing a pattern of serial assertion. On the heels of September and October settlements ending cases filed against iHeartMedia and Spotify, the NPE filed a November suit against SoundCloud. Now that the court has stayed all deadlines in that case in light of an impending settlement, Post Media has filed a new case against Slacker (2:17-cv-00252). All patents in a family of five (7,069,310; 7,472,175; 8,015,263; 8,725,832; 8,959,181) are asserted in the new complaint; the patents generally relate to managing media files for playback over a computer network, with the defendants throughout the campaign accused of infringement through the provision of their music and radio online services and related apps.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics