Monument Subsidiary Expands Multifactor Authentication Campaign, a Pending Alice Motion Notwithstanding
- April 7, 2017
Smart Authentication IP, LLC (SAIP), a subsidiary of Monument Patent Holdings, LLC, has added four defendants to the litigation campaign that it began last November, filing suit against Autodesk (2:17-cv-000277), CCP (2:17-cv-000280), Discover Financial Services (2:17-cv-000279), and Etsy (2:17-cv-000278). Each complaint asserts the sole patent at issue in the campaign (8,082,213), which generally relates to multifactor authentication of users using separate communication channels. The NPE targets the companies’ two-factor authentication processes that use codes transmitted via text, email, phone call, etc. These new filings come as the court considers a motion to dismiss an earlier case based on Alice.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics