Continuation of MacroSolve Patent Asserted in New Campaign, Four Months after USPTO Publishes Related Application
- April 5, 2017
Fall Line Patents, LLC, an NPE formed in Oklahoma this past January, has filed its first litigation, accusing American Airlines (6:17-cv-00204), Cinemark Holdings (6:17-cv-00204), and GrubHub (6:17-cv-00204) of infringing a single patent (9,454,748) generally related to managing user-provided data based on the user’s location. Mobile apps that transmit location-specific information are the focus of the NPE’s complaints. The ‘748 patent has not been asserted previously in litigation, but its earlier (and currently, its only) family member (7,822,816) has, in a somewhat storied campaign lasting from March 2011 to May 2014.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics