NPE with Acacia Pedigree Sues Oculus VR over Rift Headset
- April 14, 2017
California-based NPE Techno View IP Inc. has filed its first infringement litigation, accusing Facebook subsidiary Oculus VR (1:17-cv-00386) of infringing a single patent (7,666,096) through its Oculus Rift virtual reality (VR) headset and related systems. The complaint characterizes the ‘096 patent as related to a system for creating and controlling a 3D image in a video game system that can be used in a head-mounted display. Oculus is alleged to infringe through the Rift’s use of certain VR processing techniques, including the use of two separate memory buffers for storing part of a 3D image for each eye, the tracking of virtual camera positions for each eye, and features for correcting distortion.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics