Soverain IP Ups the Number of Defendants in Its Network Communications Campaign
Soverain IP LLC has expanded the litigation campaign that it began roughly one month ago with suits against Apple and Microsoft by adding new cases against AT&T (2:17-cv-00293), CenturyLink (2:17-cv-00289), Charter Communications (2:17-cv-00301), Datapipe (2:17-cv-00292), Episerver (2:17-cv-00291), Kohl’s (2:17-cv-00320), SDL (2:17-cv-00294), Staples (2:17-cv-00311), Target (2:17-cv-00307), and Wal-Mart (2:17-cv-00306). The NPE has asserted six patents (5,708,780; 6,212,634; 6,279,112; 7,191,447; 8,606,900; 8,935,706) in the campaign, with all of them in suit against Microsoft only. The patents generally relate to various aspects of network communications, Soverain IP identifying a long list of accused products, including various features of online communications products and protocols (e.g. permitting content download, issuing certificates as a part of secure communications, using proxy servers, etc.).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Microsoft Corporation
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Apple, Inc.
- Soverain IP, LLC v. CenturyLink, Inc.
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Episerver, Inc. et al
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Datapipe, Inc.
- Soverain IP, LLC v. AT&T, Inc. et al
- Soverain IP, LLC v. SDL International America Incorporated et al
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Charter Communications, Inc. et al
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Target Corporation
- Soverain IP, LLC v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. et al