Large OpCos Among the Assignors in Patent Transfers Seen During the First Half of April
- April 20, 2017
RPX took notice, among the USPTO assignment records made available during the first part of April, of the transfer of patents from operating companies including GlobalFoundries, NXP Semiconductors, Panasonic, and Toshiba. Also noted was an assignment of nearly 950 patents from Intellectual Ventures LLC to Monument Patent Holdings, LLC (one of the Top Ten NPEs in 2016, by defendants added and new campaigns filed). While some of April’s transactions involved patents that have already been litigated, most involve assets not yet seen in litigation, suggesting that the launch of several new campaigns is imminent.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics