Federal Circuit Affirms Apple Win in Core Wireless Case
The Federal Circuit has upheld a victory for Apple in a lawsuit brought by Luxembourg-based NPE Core Wireless Licensing S.a.r.l. (2015-2037). In an opinion issued on April 14, the court affirmed District Judge Rodney Gilstrap’s denial of the NPE’s motions for judgment as a matter of law and for a new trial, which followed a Texas jury’s March 2015 verdict that the company’s mobile devices did not infringe five wireless communications patents (6,266,321; 6,978,143; 7,383,022; 7,599,664; 7,804,850).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics