Ramey Avoids Sanctions in Portable Cooler Case
In November 2023, District of Colorado Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter ordered William P. Ramey III of Ramey LLP to show cause in writing “why he should not be referred to the Court’s Committee on Conduct for his neglectful behavior in this case, including his failure to appear at a scheduling conference and his failure to serve any discovery”. Ramey did so in a “Response to Motion to Show Cause”, supported by a Ramey declaration with multiple attachments that dragged into the spotlight a remarkable breakdown in the relationship between AiPi LLC and Ramey. This past week, the court “reviewed the transcript from the August 14, 2023 Claim Construction Hearing” and discharged the show cause order.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics