Realtime Data Adds Another Case Against Riverbed as Its First Approaches a May Trial
- April 27, 2017
As the data compression campaign of Realtime Data LLC, begun in 2008, passed its ninth-year anniversary in mid-April, the NPE saw two of its Texas cases, one against Fujitsu and Quantum (3:17-cv-02109) and the other against HPE and Silver Peak Systems (3:17-cv-02373) transferred to the Northern District of California. Also in April, Realtime Data filed another case (6:17-cv-00198) against Riverbed Technologies, asserting two patents, one (8,717,204) already at issue against many defendants in the campaign and another (8,719,438) that the new complaint appears to have added to the campaign for the first time. All of this activity comes as the NPE’s most advanced case back in Texas, an earlier suit filed against Riverbed Technologies, continues furiously toward a May 22, 2017 trial. One of three cases that Realtime Data has filed against Oracle was scheduled for trial on that same day; the deadline in the stay order to submit dismissal papers in that case passed on Friday.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics