Battery Pack Accessories the Target of Blackbird Tech’s Latest Campaign
- May 1, 2017
Blackbird Tech LLC (d/b/a Blackbird Technologies) has launched its sixteenth litigation campaign since September 2014, this one asserting a single patent (9,620,989) generally related to battery pack accessories against two defendants, Makita (1:17-cv-00488) and Stanley Black & Decker (1:17-cv-00487). The new complaints target the defendants’ lithium-ion battery packs and associated charging devices, with the Makita complaint also identifying a lantern/flashlight combination, powered by a lithium-ion battery, among the accused products. The ‘989 patent issued last month directly to Blackbird Tech and has not been previously litigated.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics