Soverain IP Adds Its First May Defendant, Verizon
- May 2, 2017
Verizon (2:17-cv-00386) is the latest defendant added to the litigation campaign of Soverain IP LLC, which began in March with a suits against Apple and Microsoft. The NPE added eleven more defendants in April, most recently suing Experian. Soverain IP has asserted six patents (5,708,780; 6,212,634; 6,279,112; 7,191,447; 8,606,900; 8,935,706) in the campaign, with all of them in suit against Microsoft alone. The NPE asserts the ‘634, ‘447, and ‘706 patents against Verizon. The patents generally relate to various aspects of network communications, Soverain IP identifying a long list of accused products, including various features of online communications products and protocols (e.g. permitting content download, issuing certificates as a part of secure communications, using proxy servers, etc.).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics