Newly Formed NPE Initiates Password Encryption Campaign
- May 11, 2017
Another NPE associated with Texas attorneys Bradley D. Liddle and Adam C. Reed has kicked off a litigation campaign. Cumberland Systems, LLC has filed 11 lawsuits, one each against CashStar, Edmunds, Enova International (NC Financial Solutions), iReverse Home Loans, Mainstream Technologies, Marriott, Rocket Science Group (d/b/a MailChimp), Sony (Sony Pictures Entertainment), Startups.co, True Media, and Verizon. The new complaints assert a single patent (8,023,647) generally related to encrypting a computer user’s password. The defendants are accused of infringement through the use of storage systems that upload an encryption key to a server: Edmunds, Marriott, Sony, True Media, and Verizon, through their use of a password management platform provided by Keeper Security; iReverse Home Loans and NC Financial Solutions, by Sookasa; and the remaining defendants, by LastPass Enterprise.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics