Magento Hits Express Mobile with a California DJ Action
- May 9, 2017
X Commerce (d/b/a Magento) has filed a Northern District of California complaint against Express Mobile, Inc. (3:17-cv-02605), seeking a declaratory judgment of non-infringement and invalidity of the two patents (6,546,397; 7,594,168) already asserted in the NPE’s campaign. The patents generally relate to website generation. Magento alleges a justiciable controversy based on Express Mobile’s earlier cases against thirteen of Magento’s “solution partners”, as well as several other companies (Alibaba, BigCommerce, Volusion, WaveMaker, WEBS) that also provide website development tools, all in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics