Samsung Is the Latest Defendant Added to Iron Oak Campaign
- May 13, 2017
Inventor-controlled Iron Oak Technologies LLC has added a suit against Samsung (3:17-cv-01259) to the campaign that the NPE began late last year. Two (5,966,658; 5,699,275) of the five patents (6,148,202; 6,240,295; 6,295,449) at issue in the campaign are asserted against Samsung, with infringement allegations focused on certain features of the company’s smartphones, laptops, and tablets. The ‘658 patent generally relates to automatically selecting a path over which a computer is to communicate, with infringement allegations focusing on the feature within mobile computing devices that selects between wired, Wi-Fi, and other preferred network options when on the move. The ‘275 patent generally relates to remotely patching the operating code of a mobile device, with infringement allegations focusing on the accused devices’ remote upgrade features.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics