ViaTech Files Second Suit Against Microsoft
- May 16, 2017
ViaTech Technologies, Inc. has filed a second complaint against Microsoft (1:17-cv-00570), asserting the same patent (6,920,567) at issue in the first case. The ‘567 patent generally relates to enforcing the licensed use of digital content. In September 2014, ViaTech accused Microsoft of infringement through the product activation mechanisms in Windows and Office, while the new complaint targets Microsoft’s PlayReady DRM platform. This second suit comes as the Delaware court considers a raft of motions, for summary judgment on various claims and to preclude certain expert opinions, in the first.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics