SportBrain’s Smartwatch Campaign Ticks Forward with New Cases Against Verizon and ZTE
- May 18, 2017
SportBrain Holdings LLC has filed cases against Verizon (1:17-cv-03629) and ZTE (1:17-cv-03629), bringing the number of defendants named in its sole litigation campaign just shy of 100. The new complaints again assert a familiar single patent (7,454,002), which generally relates to portable computing devices that wirelessly receive and integrate personal data. The accused products throughout the campaign have been wearable computing devices, including fitness trackers, smartwatches, and their associated apps; in these latest complaints, SportBrain targets Verizon’s Wear24 and ZTE’s Quartz smartwatches, as well as associated apps.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics