IP Edge Affiliate Adds Second Round to QR Code Campaign
- May 17, 2017
Kaldren LLC, apparently among the many litigating affiliates of monetization firm IP Edge LLC, has filed a second round of suits in its litigation campaign, hitting American Express (1:17-cv-03625), The Hain Celestial Group (1:17-cv-03638), HSBC (1:17-cv-03640), JP Morgan Chase (1:17-cv-03641), and PNY Technologies (1:17-cv-03644). The new complaints again assert a family of four patents (6,098,882; 6,176,427; 6,820,807; 8,281,999), generally related to encoding digital data in a machine-readable format, with the defendants’ accused products and services targeted for their use of QR codes. Extensions of the deadline to answer have been granted in the cases from the first round, filed in March of this year against Citigroup, General Mills, J.D. Power and Associates, NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Pioneer, Procter & Gamble, and SunTrust Banks.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics