Defendant Count in Hybrid Audio’s Mobile Device Campaign Tops Fifty
Hybrid Audio LLC has so far filed 16 new cases in May, nearly tripling the size of its campaign and pushing its defendant count to over 50. The NPE’s sole litigation campaign asserts a single expired digital signal processing patent (RE40,281) allegedly essential to the MP3 standard for processing audio information. Manufacturers of laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other devices using the MP3 standard continue to be targeted, although unlike its earlier suits, Hybrid Audio’s latest complaints specifically focus on products that allegedly practice the standard “using hardware and software that is not provided by Microsoft Corporation”. New campaign defendants include ArcSoft, CyberPower, GlassBridge Enterprises, and Rhapsody, plus eleven others.
- Hybrid Audio LLC v. High Tech Computer Corp., a/k/a HTC Corp. et al
- Hybrid Audio LLC v. HIGH TECH COMPUTER CORP. A/K/A HTC CORP. et al
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. Pioneer Corporation et al
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. Panasonic Corporation et al
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. Harman International Industries, Inc.
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. ASUS Computer International, Inc. et al
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. Creative Technology LTD. and Creative Labs, Inc.
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. JVC Kenwood Corp. et al
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. Archos S.A.
- Hybrid Audio, LLC v. Cowon Systems, Inc.