Inventor-Controlled Plaintiff Targets Apple and Visa over Apple Pay
- May 24, 2017
Inventor-controlled Universal Secure Registry LLC (USR) has filed a single Delaware case alleging infringement of four patents (8,577,813; 8,856,539; 9,100,826; 9,530,137) by Apple and Visa (1:17-cv-00585). The patents-in-suit generally relate to processing secure financial transactions using mobile devices as “electronic wallets”. USR alleges infringement through the provision of Apple Pay, together with the payment processing network supplied by Visa.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics