Word to Info Targets Amazon’s Alexa Personal Assistant Software in New Case
- June 8, 2017
Inventor-controlled Word to Info, Inc. has filed another new case in its natural language processing campaign, asserting the same seven patents (5,715,468; 6,138,087; 6,609,091; 7,349,840; 7,873,509; 8,326,603; 8,688,436) against Amazon (1:17-cv-00691) in Delaware. This new complaint targets Amazon’s Alexa personal assistant software and joins one active case in Massachusetts, filed in January against Nuance Communications and another in the Western District of Washington, filed in April against Microsoft. Roughly one month ago, the Massachusetts court became the second to reject a defendant’s motion to dismiss arguing that the five most recent patents in the asserted family are invalid due to defects in their chain of priority.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics