Fortress Looks to a New Texas Venue for Case Against ZTE
- June 8, 2017
The same day that it voluntarily dismissed its case filed in May against ZTE in the Eastern District of Texas (2:17-cv-00440), Seven Networks LLC (an apparent affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC) refiled the suit, this time in the Northern District of Texas (3:17-cv-01495). Seven’s June 6 complaint accuses ZTE of infringing the same seven mobile communications patents (8,811,952; 9,247,019; 9,325,600; 9,351,254; 9,516,127; 9,516,129; 9,553,816) that were asserted in the earlier, Eastern District suit, again through the manufacture and sale of Android devices. Seven’s refiling follows the Supreme Court’s recent TC Heartland decision, in the wake of which another Fortress affiliate, INVT SPE LLC, last month moved cases against Apple and HTC from Delaware to New Jersey.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics