Rothschild’s Location Services Relay Continues in Texas
- June 8, 2017
Last year, Leigh M. Rothschild created yet a third NPE, Geographic Location Innovations, LLC (GLI), to continue his navigation and location services campaign begun in 2014. So far this month, GLI has filed six new cases, all in the Eastern District of Texas, asserting a single patent (7,917,285) generally related to navigational or positional information systems. The new defendants—BB&T, Capital One, The Kroger Co., Choice Hotels, Gym-Mark, and Phillips 66—are accused of infringement through location services offered on their websites (e.g. Capital One’s Branch & ATM Locator). GLI’s latest filings bring the total campaign defendant count to over 65.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics