NPE Adds Another Round of Eastern District of Texas Cases to Its Wireless Security Systems Campaign
- June 15, 2017
Wireless Monitoring Systems LLC has filed six more cases in its sole litigation campaign, conducted since its outset in November 2016 in the Eastern District of Texas. The six new suits, each also filed in that district, hit Ascent Capital Group (“MONI Security, LP”) (2:17-cv-00503), AT&T (2:17-cv-00501), Charter (2:17-cv-00505), Comcast (2:17-cv-00502), Smith Thompson Security (2:17-cv-00504), and Vector Security (2:17-cv-00506). Wireless Monitoring has asserted two circuit monitoring patents (8,912,893; 9,280,886) in each complaint in the campaign, targeting the defendants’ provision of wireless security systems that include some combination of a control pad, a hub, motion detectors, and sensors for doors and windows. In TC Heartland’s aftermath, the NPE has hinged proper venue on different allegations for the various new defendants.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics