Ironworks Takes Over the Long-Running Litigation Campaign of MobileMedia Ideas
Recently formed NPE Ironworks Patents LLC has acquired the patent portfolio owned by MobileMedia Ideas LLC, taking over ongoing cases and filing new litigation in the campaign that MobileMedia began back in 2010. The newest case accuses LG Electronics (LGE) (3:17-cv-01220) of infringing five mobile device patents (5,915,239; 6,002,390; 6,006,114; 9,521,269; RE39,231) through the manufacture and sale of smartphones and tablets. The ‘239 patent is also at issue, together with two other patents (5,553,125; 6,427,078), in a case filed in May 2016 against Samsung; Ironworks has moved to substitute itself for MobileMedia Ideas as plaintiff in that case and has also moved for a second change of venue, this time to New Jersey. These moves come as a Delaware court has entered final judgment after post-trial motions, in favor of Ironworks and against Apple, upping the damages recently awarded by a Delaware jury from $3M to nearly $9M.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics