Failed Operating Company with Colorful Litigation History Hits Mobile Device Makers
- June 23, 2017
AGIS Software Development LLC has started a new litigation campaign, accusing Apple (2:17-cv-00516), HTC (2:17-cv-00514), Huawei (2:17-cv-00513), LG Electronics (2:17-cv-00515), and ZTE (2:17-cv-00517) of infringing four messaging patents (8,213,970; 9,408,055; 9,445,251; 9,467,838) through the provision of mobile devices, apps, and services that allow users to locate one another, track devices, and exchange text and multimedia communications. The plaintiff is related to Advanced Ground Information Systems, Inc. (AGIS), which previously asserted a different set of patents from the same family in an unsuccessful 2014 suit against Life360 (9:14-cv-80651) that ended in a verdict of non-infringement and a subsequent attorney fee award against the plaintiff. The trial followed nearly a year of acrimonious litigation, with Life360’s CEO sending a profanity-laced response to an AGIS demand letter and waging a subsequent PR campaign against the entity’s “troll-like behavior”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics