IPVal Affiliate Gins Up Third Website Product Display Campaign over the Same Patent
IDB Ventures LLC, an affiliate of patent monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), has taken up the assertion of a patent (6,216,139) seen in two prior litigation campaigns. The ‘139 patent generally relates to changing a computer display based on entries in a dialog box, and the accused products, throughout all three campaigns, have been the various defendants websites, in particular, the tiled product displays presented based on the selection of certain features (e.g. color, size, etc.). Execware, LLC, with the help of IP Navigation Group, LLC (d/b/a IPNav), asserted the ‘139 patent in a campaign running from September 2011 to August 2016, at which time the patent was assigned to Listou Search Technologies LLC, an affiliate of Empire IP LLC. Listou Search Technologies then asserted the patent in a short-lived second campaign, from September 2016 to May 2017.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics