Markup Language Used in SEC Filings at Issue in New NPE Campaign
Defunct operating company e-Numerate Solutions Incorporated (ESI) and e-Numerate, LLC, ESI’s exclusive licensee, have begun litigating a group of markup language patents. The plaintiffs filed their first lawsuit on July 11, accusing Mattress Firm (1:17-cv-00933) of infringement through its use of the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) standard to file documents with the SEC.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics