Comcast Added to Monument’s Bandwidth Allocation Campaign
- July 11, 2017
Comcast is the latest defendant to be hit by Preferential Networks IP, LLC’s (PNI’s) campaign asserting a bandwidth allocation patent (8,577,994). As in its cases against AT&T (AT&T Mobility, Cricket Wireless, New Cingular Wireless Services) and the Softbank Group (Boost Mobile, Sprint Spectrum, Virgin Mobile), Preferential (an affiliate of Monument Patent Holdings, LLC) accuses Comcast (2:17-cv-00530) of infringement through provision of “network throttling” mechanisms (e.g. restricting delivery of data to a user based on prior usage) within its networks.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics