Yates and Cotman Keep Memory Card Campaign Alive
- July 9, 2017
USB Technologies, LLC (USB Tech) has added a 2017 wave of cases to the 2015 and 2016 waves, each of which has since seen all of the cases filed dismissed. The newest defendants are ADATA Technology (2:17-cv-05023) and Sunvalleytek International and Hootoo.com (3:17-cv-03869). A single patent (7,809,866), generally related to an SD memory card with built-in USB connectivity, has been asserted throughout this campaign, which has hit over two dozen defendants since March 2015. As in the Pasadena-based NPE’s previous cases, its latest defendants are accused of infringement through the making and/or selling of dual-interface USB flash drives.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics