Another IIoT Acquisition Aside, It Appears to Be Business as Usual at Quarterhill
- July 22, 2017
Quarterhill Inc. (f/k/a Wi-LAN Inc.) announced on July 18 that it had completed another deal in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space, acquiring iCOMS Detections S.A., an intelligent transportation systems company based in Belgium. This is Quarterhill’s third such deal since unveiling plans in April to de-emphasize the patent licensing portion of its business. Nonetheless, Quarterhill still has multiple ongoing patent litigation campaigns, including one launched on July 20 (through Reversible Connections LLC), which hit Toshiba and four others. Also on July 20, Quarterhill disclosed a purchase of a portfolio of content delivery network patents.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics