Inventor Makes a Second Run at Mobileye’s Autonomous Vehicle Technology
Gary D. Pignato has rebooted litigation against Mobileye (1:17-cv-02421), acquired this past spring by Intel, asserting the same patent (6,240,346) briefly at issue in an April 2016 case filed against the same defendant. Pignato is the only inventor named on the ‘346 patent; while he sued Mobileye last April in his individual capacity, this time around the plaintiff is KITT Holdings Inc., an Indiana entity formed on June 20, 2017 (originally as an LLC) of which Pignato, according to the complaint, is the sole shareholder. The ‘346 patent generally relates to systems on a vehicle for monitoring adjacent vehicles, with infringement allegations targeting Mobileye’s driver assistance systems, including Forward Collision Warning, Urban Forward Collision Warning, and Headway Monitoring and Warning.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics