Samsung Sued by Inventor over Animated Photo Software
- July 24, 2017
Individual inventor Douglas G. Richardson has filed his first patent litigation, accusing Samsung (6:17-cv-00428) of infringing three patents (7,388,587; 7,629,977; 8,035,644) generally related to embedding or transmitting an animated sequence of images on top of a static base image. At issue are Samsung’s Animated Photo software, which generates a dynamic photo that contains both moving and static elements, as well as various Samsung mobile devices on which the software is either pre-installed or available for download.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics