Sharpe Innovations Turns to Illinois to Sue Second-Wave Defendants, Each Neither Formed nor Based There
- July 27, 2017
Sharpe Innovations Inc. has added multiple defendants in a second venue to the campaign that it began late last month in Virginia. The same two patents (8,337,239; 8,573,986), generally related to SIM (subscriber identity module) card adaptors, are asserted in separate complaints against Amazon, America Movil (TracFone Wireless), and CVS (1:17-cv-05462) and KDDI (KDDI America, Locus Telecommunications) (1:17-cv-05460). The complaints target Dual SIM cards offered by TracFone Wireless and Locus Telecommunications (d/b/a h20 Wireless) for direct sale through their websites, and for the former, through Amazon and CVS. Sharpe Innovations chose to file its new cases in the Northern District of Illinois even though none of the new defendants was formed in that state.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics