Blue Sky Broadens Accused Products with the Addition of Vehicle Infotainment Systems
- July 28, 2017
Blue Sky Networks, LLC has added the connectivity features of in-vehicle infotainment systems to the accused products of its sole litigation campaign. A new complaint against Toyota (6:17-cv-00435) asserts six (6,088,398; 6,484,027; 6,865,372; 8,019,381; 8,265,691; 8,346,169) of the eight patents already in suit against the carmaker’s Entune, described as the “in-dash smart service” within certain Toyota models, as well as MobileLink in Lexus vehicles. Earlier accused products have been certain mobile phones, tablets, PCs, and wearables based on LTE-compliant communications (with respect to the ‘398 patent) and certain mobile phones based on their use of Bluetooth to discover nearby devices (e.g. a headset) for communication (with respect to the others), as well as the chipsets within those devices.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics