EveryMD Appeals Adverse Alice Ruling, Files New Case Against Amazon, and Keeps Prosecuting Related Applications
- July 29, 2017
Recent invalidation of two related patents (8,504,631; 9,137,192) under Alice notwithstanding, inventor-controlled EveryMD LLC has filed suit against Amazon (2:17-cv-05573), asserting a third patent (9,584,461) from the same family. The ‘461 patent generally relates to transmitting email messages between members of a group, with infringement allegations focused on the communications between buyers and sellers using “Amazon’s marketplace”. In May 2017, the same judge assigned to the new Amazon case granted a Facebook motion to invalidate the ‘631 and ‘192 patents as patent-ineligibly directed to versions of the abstract idea of “transmitting routine business communications”. EveryMD has since appealed the result to the Federal Circuit.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics