As Ironworks and Apple Head to the Federal Circuit Again, the NPE Files a Texas Case Against Huawei
- July 29, 2017
Ironworks Patents LLC has added a new case against Huawei (2:17-cv-00554) to the campaign that it recently took over from MobileMedia Ideas LLC. Ironworks asserts the same five mobile device patents (5,915,239; 6,002,390; 6,006,114; 9,521,269; RE39,231) that it asserted against LG Electronics (LGE) last month, accusing Huawei of infringement through inclusion of various features (i.e., alerts and ignore options for incoming calls, voice controls, and predictive text completion) on its smartphones and tablets. With this new complaint, filed in the Eastern District of Texas, the NPE will have open cases in three district courts—the LGE case in the Southern District of California and a case against Samsung proceeding in the Northern District of California—as well as an active appeal before the Federal Circuit (17-2341), as Ironworks and Apple have filed notices of appeals from a judgment entered by the District of Delaware.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics