Sisvel Wireless Campaign Ensnares Lenovo and LGE
- August 6, 2017
Cases against Lenovo (1:17-cv-01088) and LG Electronics (LGE) (1:17-cv-01089) have been added to the litigation campaign begun in mid-July by Hera Wireless S.A. and Sisvel UK Limited. The complaints assert four patents generally related to wireless communications, with the NPEs accusing the defendants of infringement through the manufacture and/or sale of devices that operate in compliance with IEEE Standard 802.11n-2009, particularly mobile phones and tablets. Lenovo and LGE join Amazon, ARRIS, Belkin, Melco Holdings (Buffalo Americas), NETGEAR, and Roku as defendants in the campaign. The plaintiffs allege that offers to license the patents-in-suit (among others) at a RAND (reasonable and non-discriminatory) rate were refused, justifying their current request to “the maximum reasonable royalty damages rate” for infringement.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics