IV Hits T-Mobile Again, Also Naming LM Ericsson This Time
- August 11, 2017
Intellectual Ventures LLC (through its subsidiary Intellectual Ventures I LLC) (IV) has filed yet another lawsuit against Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) (2:17-cv-00577), this time explicitly naming LM Ericsson with T-Mobile. The new complaint asserts four patents not previously seen in any litigation, including in this campaign, which IV began in September 2011 and now concerns over 55 patents asserted against wireless carriers and camera makers, among others. Despite not being named as a defendant in district court, Ericsson has brought nearly half of the 43 petitions for inter partes review (IPR) challenging patents in the campaign. This new case against T-Mobile and Ericsson comes as IV and AT&T have requested another extension of an earlier stay, this time to mid-October, in order to facilitate finalization of an agreement ending the parties’ disputes.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics