Facebook and Instagram Platforms at Issue in New, Apparently Inventor-Controlled Campaign
- August 9, 2017
A second campaign asserting patents issuing with named inventor Shelton E. Harrison, Jr. has begun, this time in Delaware. Search and Social Media Partners LLC (SSMP) has asserted two patents from a family of seven against Facebook (Instagram) (1:17-cv-01120). The patents generally relate to Internet search technology, including relating online users and distributing content based on those relationships, with Facebook accused of infringement through provision of its Facebook and Instagram platforms. This past May a campaign asserting a Harrison patent against strap mounts for wearable computing devices ended when the last defendant was dismissed with prejudice after an earlier default was set aside. Harrison, the former CEO of Orang-Otang Computers, is a member of the California bar who now appears to reside in Tennessee.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics