Word to Info Files a Fourth 2017 Case, Against Apple, in a Fourth Venue
After the first two cases in its campaign were transferred from their original venue to the Northern District of California, inventor-controlled Word to Info, Inc. has filed its subsequent cases, all in 2017, in various districts: against Nuance Communications in the District of Massachusetts in January, against Microsoft in the Western District of Washington in April, against Amazon in the District of Delaware in June, and, now, against Apple (2:17-cv-00592) in the Eastern District of Texas. The same seven patents, generally related to natural language processing, are asserted in the new complaint, with Word to Info focusing its infringement allegations on the operation of Apple’s Siri digital assistant software.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics