IP Edge CRM Campaign Sees Another Round of Complaints
This past May, after the last of the cases from the first wave of litigation in this campaign had been dismissed, Serenitiva LLC (an affiliate of IP Edge LLC) filed a second wave. The NPE hit Freshdesk, Zendesk, and TalkDesk, accusing each of infringing a single patent, generally related to call tracking and resolution management, through provision of their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Serenitiva also sued, in separate complaints, six customers of those companies. Now that all nine of those May cases have been dismissed, the NPE has again filed a new wave, this time against Mitel Networks (6:17-cv-00461), SAP (6:17-cv-00460), and Vocalcom (6:17-cv-00463), targeting the contact center software of each.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Serenitiva LLC v. The Walt Disney Company
- Serenitiva LLC v. 8X8 Inc.
- Serenitiva LLC v. Solarwinds, Inc.
- Serenitiva LLC v. WMPH Incorporated d/b/a icruise.com
- Serenitiva LLC v. Salesforce.com, Inc.
- Serenitiva LLC v. American Express Company
- Serenitiva LLC v. Philips Electronics North America Corporation
- Serenitiva LLC v. inContact, Inc.
- Serenitiva LLC v. Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc.
- Serenitiva LLC v. Freshdesk, Inc.