Empire IP Affiliate Targets Mobile Communications Handoff Procedures of AT&T and T-Mobile
An affiliate of Empire IP LLC has kicked off a new campaign, asserting a “vertical handoff” patent in separate suits against AT&T (2:17-cv-04990) and T-Mobile (2:17-cv-04992). Vertical Connection Technologies LLC, formed by Empire IP principals Daniel Mitry and Timothy Salmon this past March, accuses each defendant of infringement through the provision of features within their networks that allow cellular calls to be handed off to Wi-Fi, and vice-versa.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics