Flash Drives at Issue in New Campaign
- August 28, 2017
In early July, RPX noted the assignment of multiple patents from IQ Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of the Atlanta monetization firm IP Investments Group, LLC (d/b/a IPinvestments Group), to another affiliate, Universal Transdata, LLC. Universal Transdata has now asserted one of those patents, generally related to a mobile storage device with a retractable universal serial bus (USB) connection. The NPE accuses seven defendants of infringement through the provision of flash drives, in two venues: ADATA Technology (1:17-cv-03234), Silicon Power Computer & Communications (1:17-cv-03235), and Staples (1:17-cv-03285) in the Northern District of Georgia (where IPinvestments Group is based) and Dexxxon Digital Storage (1:17-cv-01238), Ingram Micro (1:17-cv-01237), Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings (Verbatim Americas) (1:17-cv-01240), and Monster Digital (1:17-cv-01239), and) in the District of Delaware.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics