Fortress Hits ZTE over Patents Acquired from Inventergy
- August 29, 2017
ZTE is now the third company to have been sued over telecommunications patents acquired by Fortress Credit Group LLC from Inventergy Global, Inc. Unable to make scheduled payments on $10M of debt, Inventergy entered into a restructuring agreement with Fortress in December 2016, after which it assigned 740 telecommunications patents to INVT SPE LLC, an entity managed by Fortress affiliate DBD Credit Funding LLC. INVT SPE, which sued ZTE on August 29, also has active cases against Apple and HTC; all three lawsuits assert the same seven patents, which were acquired from Inventergy in April and which originated with Panasonic.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics