Empire IP Tags Target for Selling “Intelligent, Affectionate” CHiP
- September 2, 2017
Interactive Play Devices LLC, one of two affiliates formed by monetization firm Empire IP LLC on August 15, has already filed suit, accusing Target (2:17-cv-00625) of infringing a single patent, generally aimed at an interactive play device, through the sale of CHiP, “an intelligent, affectionate robot dog”. CHiP is made by WowWee Group Limited, which has not been named as a defendant in the new complaint.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!